Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

universalperson's Content

There have been 18 items by universalperson (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13059 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by universalperson on 25 August 2007 - 06:23 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Let's face it, its better than anything done by 4kids. Or dub Naruto.

(Still should have been Tara Strong).

#13053 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by universalperson on 25 August 2007 - 05:53 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

"Elito waren, NiGHTS".

At least, that's what I think Reala said way back when.

Play that boss music people, cause it's BAAAACKKKK!

#12672 TONS OF NEW EXCLUSIVE INFO

Posted by universalperson on 24 August 2007 - 08:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Woah, first SSBM and now this!

NiGHTS has a female voice actor! should have been Tara Strong

Alright! They are listening to the fans!

I think.

#4466 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by universalperson on 07 May 2007 - 03:27 AM in Dream Discussion

Lol yeah, its hard to get my mind off of it but it works sometimes. Like I have so much school work to worry about now, I have 17 more school days then I'm out FOR GOOD! Its very stressful (I got GoW 2 out of the way today though, it was awesome. :3 )

I kind of have a clown phobia, but only of like Pennywise from "It" ::shudders:: Which I think is arguably scary in any case lol. I still never even seen those movies, I refuse!
I hate when science makes sense, because it crushes my beliefs XD Its weird that I love science yet it interferes with the other things I love :) I believe there is the possibility to meet "fictional character" I even think there is a fantasy realm where they all co-exist in one huge universe, I even go on to think we can (somehow) visit these places, but thats just me. O_o;

Pennywise is possibly one of the best fictional villains ever. Like the Joker with superpowers.

Just because science says there is no "dream realm" dosen't mean a "dream realm" philosophically exists. It really depends on how you define "reality", and reality can be at times subjective.

#4462 Sleep Walking

Posted by universalperson on 07 May 2007 - 03:20 AM in Dream Discussion

I sleep talked ONCE, and I was very much aware of that particular instant, possibly a breif lucidity moment though doubtful. I screamed "Let go of my controller". It was definitly an N64 controller. I think the guy who was trying to take it was Dick Van Dyke. I don't know, it may have been after New Years when he was on TV. My dreams are/were weird.

#4458 Does the fan base even know what it wants?

Posted by universalperson on 07 May 2007 - 03:05 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Ah, but a large amount of the Sonic fandom wants better camera angles.

#4457 Nightopians in the Sonic comic books

Posted by universalperson on 07 May 2007 - 03:04 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Actually, Sega has recently signed a video game lisence with Marvel, where Sega would make video games with Marvel characters.

Marvel could just as easily reciprocate. Only with comic books.

#2993 What if there are voices?

Posted by universalperson on 01 May 2007 - 12:32 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

How about this.

Maria: Saiyonara, Shadow the Hedgihoggu...

Maria in english: Adios, Shadow the Hedgehog

WHEN DID MARIA BECOME MONDO COOL?? That she had to say something cheesy like "Adios"?! She said goodbye! Both those words mean goodbye and all they had to say was what? You guessed it! "Goodbye!" But they couldn't even do that right, they went with "Adios" like the frickin Terminator! :P Sooo horrible.....

No, she said in the English version "Sayonoara, Shadow". I'm pretty darn sure.

About voice acting: Well, Ryan Drummond, Sonic's old VA, has always been Sonic for me. And I loved Eggman's old voice actor...but he died (the new one is a pale imitation).

There have been phenomenal American voice actors, at least in American cartoons. Tony Jay would make a great Wizeman...although he's also dead. Darn it. But Jackle could be played by Mark Hamill. He can do crazy.

Really, its a matter of who is casting.

#2988 Ever encounter NiGHTS?

Posted by universalperson on 01 May 2007 - 12:22 AM in Dream Discussion

I have never dreamed NiGHTS, although I have dreamed about dozens of other fictional characters.

Now I hope I'm not throwing some cold water here by injecting some science in this.

From what I understand, dreaming is a side effect of the brain "rebooting" itself, performing unconcious activity to prepare us for tomorrow. Dreams can include fictional characters, but only because we think about these characters. So we aren't REALLY meeting the characters, just our mental representations of them, or something to that extent.

However, on a philisophical level, this does not necessarilly mean NiGHTS isn't real. To paraphrase superhero comic writer Grant Morrison: Fictional characters may only exist in people's heads, but they're effectively immortal so long as they aren't forgotten. So who is more real?

#2984 dreams are known to have meaning

Posted by universalperson on 01 May 2007 - 12:07 AM in Dream Discussion

Bouncing heads may just be a referece to Puffy.

#2983 King Nightopian / Superpian secrecy and video

Posted by universalperson on 30 April 2007 - 11:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Exactly! The less enemy parts they have, the most chance you have.
But you don't need to make so many Mepian... actually you can but be careful, because it could be hard to manage if they make children with several parts!

Yes, but the more Mepians means that they'll have a higher rate of breeding (and are more likely to breed with other Mepians) More breeding means its more likely to get a King Nightopian, although again, the Mepians can't share the same Maren part.

#2982 So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

Posted by universalperson on 30 April 2007 - 11:35 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

*Raises hand*

They'd better make the original aviliable on the Wii in some way, shape or form...

#2601 Nightopia...

Posted by universalperson on 29 April 2007 - 09:29 PM in Dream Discussion

The mention of the 100% vs 10% use- where's your data? (genuine curiosity, not meaning to challenge; I need to find the articles wherein they mention the 10%, myself XD; )

Well, a simple Google search brought up this

And this

Although there is a lot of our brain, I think, that we do not conciously use; for example, the brain has several automatic vision tricks that we cannot control, which is what causes optical illusions (The two lines are the same size, but one is bigger).

The thing about science is that it cannot prove things, only disprove things. (ie you cannot prove that on planet Earth, every time a ball is thrown up it will go down. You can DISPROVE, however, a ball going up and staying up when it is thrown up on planet Earth).

The thing about "dream worlds" is that it cannot be proven or disproven by science. Hence science tries to avoid such things.

#2595 King Nightopian / Superpian secrecy and video

Posted by universalperson on 29 April 2007 - 09:15 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

So, if I may attempt to verbalize this:

Basically, when two Mepians mate, the resulting child will have parts from its parents. If the resulting child has no Pian parts, it is a "Badpian" and will kill other Pians and vanish at the edn of the day, correct?

However, if the child has no Maren parts, you get a King Pian.

So you do need a lot of Meepians, but perferably Meepians with only one Maren part, and definitly not the same Maren part.

#1549 Worst Nightmare

Posted by universalperson on 27 April 2007 - 01:53 PM in Dream Discussion

This was from a long time ago, and it was pretty weird.

Basically, I was stuck...somewhere, and I had to find the hidden password to escape within I time limit.

And I failed (this was near the end of the nigtmare, it was a pretty long one) So this lady hit me with an ice pack, and it was like a camera pulled back to reveal me having merged with a clown and laughing insanely. I was forced (I still felt the movement) to walk into my living room. I think my parent's were on the couch, and my sister was acting like a bull (running around on all fours and making those noises). And then I woke up.

Scary. And weird.

#931 Nightopia...

Posted by universalperson on 26 April 2007 - 05:20 PM in Dream Discussion

For the record, humans use 100% of their brains. The 90% thing is a commonly quoted "amazing fact" that is not true. Like glass being "a supercooled liquid" (it's technically a solid).

#921 N-GAMER Interview

Posted by universalperson on 26 April 2007 - 05:13 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

He pretty much ducked a lot of questions.

#918 *blip*

Posted by universalperson on 26 April 2007 - 05:11 PM in Introduce Yourself

Greeting from...somewhere, at any rate. I'm universalperson, but I have so many online aliases its entirely possible you know me from somewhere else!

Anywho, I never played NiGHTS, but of course all this sudden talk about a sequel has got me intrested. This fansite especially attracts me because of the sheer dedication of the participants. Not to mention the fact that were dealing with people from around the world. I think...

I'm a fan of video games and American superhero comics. I don't remember my dream,s but I supect that's because I have an overactive imagination-sometimes I can't sleep because a story (more of a fanfic really) keeps playing over and over in my head.