Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

A Divine Unicorn's Content

There have been 15 items by A Divine Unicorn (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31567 My Dream Info

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 21 December 2007 - 06:45 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

i feed my 'pians to the 'maren. for some LOLs

#31489 My Dream Info

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 21 December 2007 - 06:22 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

i have a giant silver statue of a pian in my 'pian garden.

the maren in there i see as population control... i know i wouldn't be able to maintain 80 'pians.

i need to go back and try and find the mepians i created during story mode.

#31488 After the game

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 21 December 2007 - 06:15 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

speaking of hard missions, i HATED the music one. i learned pretty quickly i can't keep a beat... and after about 6 attempts i realized there's a big yellow highlight guide that lets you know the range you should be in if you want to get the notes on time... that helped, but my hands were sweating profusely on my nunchuk and i had to keep hitting the HOME button so i could wipe them off on the carpet and continue on. LOL.

i'll try and get C's on the few remaining missions of Will and see what happens then.

i was under the impression that i'd get a whole new dreamscape, since that's how you earn the previous Ideya *i like to pronounce it like "idea" not like "idiot" with some dying accent or however everyone says it.*

a remake of Soft Museum is all i was hoping for ;)

#31393 My Dream Info

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 20 December 2007 - 10:30 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

i think you'd be able to create mepians within the levels of the game and thus the purpose of paralooping. i've hit a few 'pians with baddies and heard gruesome cries, but i was trying to beat the level so i didn't turn back.

#31390 After the game

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 20 December 2007 - 10:24 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

i beat it with both character and with helen i got all C or better for all the missions...

when i beat it with Will it said something along the lines of "get C or better on all misisons to unlock the other world" or something, so i made sure to get C or better with Helen's story, but after the credits i got back to the gates and see nothing is added except the stairs to the last level, which i have with Will as well....

am i missing something?

also, conjoined drop and 'pian garden is a good idea. lol

#31022 After 11 years

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 19 December 2007 - 05:03 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

He...DOES? For reals?

I don't know whether I should :rolleyes: or 0_o.

well, it's a cross between a bit of vader and a healthy helping of G'mork from The Neverending Story... you know, the evil wolf...

Posted Image

that guy.

also i just got back from work, but right before work i beat Wizeman... forgot i got the dragon persona just before him.

the persona are unlocked after each dreamscape you fully complete. first dolphin, then rocket, and finally the dragon.

i gotta get C or better on all the stages if i want to unlock the last dreamscape though... UGH!!!

yay replay value!

just need to do Helen's side of the story now.

#30943 After 11 years

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 18 December 2007 - 10:29 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Wizeman is such a pain. i can't beat him buh.

#30929 After 11 years

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 18 December 2007 - 08:58 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

lol i guess you could say he kinda does, but without the breather voice going on.

I'm diggin' Delight City's neon so far. can't wait for the dreamscape after this one (3rd :-p)

#30920 After 11 years

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 18 December 2007 - 08:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

it seems a lot easier to get the high multiplier on the boss fights. i got 1.9 (which is highest i think) on the first one and for the second one i got a 1.6

lol still looking for Soft Museum :-p

perhaps i should try Helen's story... but i'm already this far on Will's... i'll let someone else spill the beans for Helen.... if they want..

#30916 After 11 years

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 18 December 2007 - 07:20 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

i have the game. i'm playing it right now. there's a nightopian garden called My Dream and it's just like the chao garden in the sonic adventure games. the nightopians you paraloop during gameplay get sent to My Dream and so do the nightmaren. my My Dream place is pretty bare right now... cuz i've only played a little today (about an hour and a half... need to go back!)

each dream level has many different missions like Mario, so one mission is get the key while another is get as many links as possible following this octopus thing and then others are like "save the nightopians," like one lever you're Will and NiGHTS is a boat/raft and you float down the river to rescue the nightopians. interesting.

my expectations for the game have been blown away and i regret being a nay-sayer.

i just hope there's a level like Soft Museum. l LOVED that level.

the story is alright, and NiGHTS voice is decent, but there's parts when i'm like "THIS IS SOOOOOO CHEEESY"

dangerously cheesy....

anyway. i'm on the second dreamscape and Reala refers to NiGHTS as a boy in one cutscene (spoilers?)
also, Wizeman has a coool voice

the game is darker than i expected, and it's very welcome.

hope this is new stuff or w/e

#18119 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 24 September 2007 - 10:02 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It still worries me that Yuji Naka isn't working on this game. As quote Jax as we voice chatted on Pokemon, "NiGHTS was Naka's baby!" He protected NiGHTS for as long as he could. Then when he left....oh look a new NiGHTS game. >> Actually they may have been trying to do this new game before Naka left...I am not sure. But the point is...it worries me. Yuji Naka was great. Heck, I think that is pretty evident when you compare the Sonic 2006 next to SatSR.

yeah. Naka was quite fond of NiGHTS and i always tied him to the soul of NiGHTS... hopefully Naka had notes on what HAD to be in a future sequel or something for the other team to look at or something... it's kind of like Walt Disney dying and saying that Disneyland was going to be the only Disney park, but after he croaked (then frozen, lol) they build a fuxing place called Disney WORLD. i find that comical... buy hey, it's a nice expansion on the core idea of Disneyland. hopefully NiGHTS will be like that, only.... a few million less tourists, if you know what i'm implying. (FATHEADS!)

#18033 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 24 September 2007 - 07:55 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I remember reading quotes of Naka saying that he would be extra careful making another NiGHTS game because he valued the franchise so much. From what we've seen, the development team seems to be following that philosophy. Sonic Team is being smart enough to expand the game universe little bits at a time instead of reinventing everything all at once – a very strong temptation for imaginative game designers, but an idea that Sonic Team rightly recognizes would prove quite disastrous indeed.

good call. i was worried cuz i had read that Naka wasn't leading anymore, but since someone on the original project is leading, i can rest easy and dream even more wetly about this game :lol:

#18005 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 24 September 2007 - 02:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Think about what you have just wrote. Does NiGHTS ever NEED more than just a facelift and some new levels?

NiGHTS? no. But for a full game on a "revolutionary" system, i think there needs to be more... and after reading some more posts (the rescuing of pians and such) there is a lot of evidence they're doing their job. like i said before, i was just in a negative nancy mood... i'm pumped for the game and i have faith it'll be awesome, it's just this little person inside of me wanting to criticize it...

hopefully the team working on it holds NiGHTS in as high regard as us fans do, and with combined hopes and dreams we're all inspiring them to test their limits to make an amazing game even BETTER in a couple months.

#17932 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 23 September 2007 - 10:16 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

How can NiGHTS fly under water?

my guess is because it's a dream world. if i was dreaming about flying, i'd want to fly everywhere.

perhaps i'm being a negative nancy here, but this NiGHTS is seeming a bit like a facelift more than a whole new experience. Perhaps it's also because it IS a sequel, but why isn't this appearing to be as innovative and as fresh as the original was? the draping roses and vines in the tunnel part were drool-worthy, but i want more creativity. more random shiz flying and floating. the dandelion puffs were another major plus for me since i ADORE dandelions, but all around, it just seems like there could be more DREAMINESS to it...

either way, i'm wet in my pants in anticipation.

#17795 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by A Divine Unicorn on 22 September 2007 - 03:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

my goodness gracious it's looking glorious. i just wish all those FATHEADS would just get the F out of the way. and that dork needs to learn 2 play NiGHTS... it's really aggravating watching a n00b.

is it just me, or does it seem like it still needs work. I'm a bit worried about the December release in the U.S. now, but hopefully they can pull it all off in that short time. i want more water effects... when he gets close i want ripples. Soft Museum had GROUND RIPPLES FOR GOODNESS SAKES. hahahahah, and i want some splashezzzz. Hope the Nightopians are more in-depth and a bit easier to deal with.

blughhjasjrh

WAAAAAAAANT! WANT NAO!!! pl0x

EDIT(i'm an edit fiend):
regarding those double ribbon trails people are curious about... i might be launching shooting stars out my ass, but i think that whenever you do the stunt moves (L and R on the saturn) with NiGHTS those ribbons appear... perhaps it's the new way to do the trick ribbon, so more stunts continues the ribbon for more points? my source for my speculation is this video that has already been linked earlier in this thread:
http://www.jeux-france.com/news21928_night...e-en-video.html

also, LOL @ roller-coaster NiGHTS