Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Handy Candy's Content

There have been 35 items by Handy Candy (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65936 Twilight: Love it or Hate it?

Posted by Handy Candy on 02 January 2009 - 04:26 PM in Community Corner

Ugh. Ugh UUuuuuugh.

I wanted to see just how bad these books were, after hearing many rumors, so rather than spend days reading the book, I went to the movie theater and watched the movie.

I have to say it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen (and I've seen a heckuva lot of movies - my mom owned two movie stores when I was a kid). Here we go:

- How exactly do these two characters fall in love? Through brief, awkward, stilted conversations? Stalking? A strong desire to eat one another? Is it cause he randomly saves her life with his uberpowers? They still don't know each other, really. Maybe the book had more to it, but it seems like they just fall in love (or suddenly feel rather murderous/hungry) at first glance (or smell), which is ludicrous. That's not love, that's lust (or hunger).

- Edward is flippin' crazy. No, really. Pattinson said that he didn't really like the books (he felt like he was intruding on a mad woman's personal fantasies when he read it) and felt that Edward was manic-depressive, so that is how he played the him in the movie. Maybe it's just me, but this made his entire performance just that much more erratic, stilted, and awkward. I also don't quite get that sense of him being formal/retaining oldworld charms from the movie. I hope it's more apparent in the books.

- The minor background characters are more interesting and likeable than Edward and Bella combined. I liked Jasper a lot. The way he stared in horror at everything - very funny. The vampire Mommy and Daddy were also quite entertaining. Also, the quieliete wheelchair bound Dad. Really, just about everyone but Edward and Bella were entertaining.

- You can tell that the guy playing Jacob is wearing a wig/weave. It's terrible what they did to the poor kid's head.

- Bella is also flippin' crazy. At the end of the movie, her spastic, seizure-like reaction to Edward suggesting that he leave her is sickening. Maybe this is just bad acting on the actress's part, but this actually made me laugh out loud. Also, when they are sitting in chemistry class, she makes this weird face/tongue movement at Edward that was supposed to make her look like she wanted to say something to him, but instead ends up looking like she's trying to tongue the air. A little disturbing.

- Prom? Really? I know this is taking place in a highschool, but this is sooooo over the top, mushy crap. And the other boys trying to ask her to Prom is kinda 'eh' too. Why even bother with it in the movie if you're not really going to develop that plot line? It seemed like an after thought that was kinda tossed in for good measure, and because it was in the books. But, they could have spent more time actually developing some kind of romance between Edward and Bella instead of trying to have a whole gang of boys ask the new girl to the prom.

Oddly enough, the sparkles don't bother me. I like sparkles, though, so I'm biased. The baseball part was entertaining as well for the very small amount of time that it was on the screen. Quieliete werewolves, I am also cool with. The movie as a whole was awkward and poorly paced. It probably could have been good, but it was just so lacking. It didn't even feel like all the parts fitted together right. Also, after reading the wiki articles about the rest of the books in the series, I felt more disturbed. How come a girl who is apparently very independent, if a bit detached, turns into a suicidal moron whose existence depends on some impossibly perfect vampire? A hardened embryonic sack that has to be bitten through to get a baby out? Jacob is in love with her too? Ughhh.

#65933 Art Stufola

Posted by Handy Candy on 02 January 2009 - 03:51 PM in Artwork

It looks good, Kas :) I love love love that pixel tree. XD

#65382 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 15 December 2008 - 02:40 AM in Artwork

ODIN'S SPHERE!
beautiful game that was horribly ignored :P
BUT this beautiful art makes up for it :P

It was more a commission than fanart XD; I've never played the game. But I don't really play a lot of games, haha.

#65361 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Handy Candy on 14 December 2008 - 07:52 AM in Artwork

I got mine in finally XD Yay~

#65232 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 08 December 2008 - 12:47 AM in Artwork

Thanks XD

Posted Image
Posted Image

Last few new things I'll have up for a while :lol: My scanner broke on me. I'm taking commissions to raise for a new one. You can find info here: commission journal if you're interested. X3

#65217 Super Sonic Sculpt

Posted by Handy Candy on 07 December 2008 - 01:40 AM in Artwork

Woo :lol: That looks super cool! I guess it's free-standing? It must be hard to get it to be free standing. Legs and joints tend to crack over time with sculpey @_@ So if it comes out good after baking, maybe making a mold and a sturdy resin version of the figurine will be longer lasting.

#64998 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 26 November 2008 - 07:22 PM in Artwork

Oh oh! XD I made these shiney tshirt designs
Posted Image

Posted Image

And now they've been picked up for sale on Ziraxia.com! XD I'm so excited!
lookie:
Take a Bite - Black

Sweet Apple

#64997 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Handy Candy on 26 November 2008 - 07:19 PM in Artwork

I ordered mine a little bit back adn still haven't gotten it yet ;o; super sad!

#64785 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Handy Candy on 17 November 2008 - 10:22 PM in Artwork

Maybe instead of everyone sending Lynne their books to get signed, Lynne can offer signed book plates? :3 They're like tiny postcards with art that you glue into your book. They used to be for putting your name on (and are also called ex libris) but some people offer them when you buy their books now. XD

#64784 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 17 November 2008 - 10:19 PM in Artwork

Posted Image
Here we are :3 I finished this last night for me digital coloring class.

#64528 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Handy Candy on 08 November 2008 - 04:00 PM in Artwork

Zo ho ho! :lol: Go Trippins go!

#63770 Feniiku's Other Artiness :3

Posted by Handy Candy on 14 October 2008 - 07:44 PM in Artwork

lol, Genie~! XD I haven't seen fanart of him in a long time. Awesome.

#63769 Ayame's Art

Posted by Handy Candy on 14 October 2008 - 07:42 PM in Artwork

Woom D: It's kinda eeeevil looking! Maybe that's just me. The image has a good flow, though. Moar, plz.

#63460 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 04 October 2008 - 04:43 PM in Artwork

Posted Image

I finished this yesterday, whee XD

#63441 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 03 October 2008 - 05:55 PM in Artwork

Lalalaaa XD I've been back from AWA for a while now, but haven't done a whole lot besides work on my homework and commissions.

Here's the last thing I finished before the con though:
Posted Image

And here's an art trade I'm working on:
Posted Image

#62966 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 16 September 2008 - 06:02 PM in Artwork

Aw, those keychains are neat =) Jupiter's my favorite -

Thaaanks :D <3 I think I like Mercury best, but that could just be cause I redrew her and it looks much better than the old design XD

MOAR Keychain :3
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62849 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 14 September 2008 - 12:49 AM in Artwork

MOAR keychains XD
Posted Image

#62834 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 13 September 2008 - 05:16 PM in Artwork

I should really consider attending this AWA... thing...
Anyhoo, do you do requests? With your impressive talent I think you could make some astonishing work based off Folklore :)

I can understand that I would be no less than astonished that you could make aff of these products and still have time on your hands lol

buuut if you do decide to look into Folklore here's a trailer
*sorry I couldn't resist*

Ahh, I definitely don't do requests, sorry. XD I'm too busy with commissions and my own published/paid projects that keep me from starving to do requests, lol.

#62799 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 12 September 2008 - 05:45 PM in Artwork

I have to say impressive work... I don't often see much art of the same style (then again I don't know any goths :) ) allot of variety too... that comic reminds me very much of the game Folklore. I am looking forward to the comic the most because I want to see how your creativity plays out.
Your work is astonishing I eagerly await more. :D

-EDiTED- *decided not to drag Folklore for the PS3 into this*

Ah. I've never heard of this Folklore game, but to tell the truth I don't really play a lot of games. XD But thank you for the kind comments.

And here is a preview of the commission keychains I've been working on
Posted Image
Posted Image

These are going to be delivered at AWA (next weekend! OMG!)

If anyone here would like to commission me, I'm open for bidness after the con :D

#62786 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 12 September 2008 - 05:14 AM in Artwork

Ehehe, you've been a busy midgit XD and eee, all that butterfly stuff is making me want to draw more Gen Reubus (I've been drawing her Demonguard version a lot more recently, though)

I has been a very busy midgit X3 yes!

draw mooooar. D:

#62522 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 09 September 2008 - 06:14 PM in Artwork

Posted Image

woop :unsure: I finally finished this nights keychain

#62290 Handy Arts :D

Posted by Handy Candy on 06 September 2008 - 06:13 PM in Artwork

Since AWA is coming up, a midgit has began PRODUCTION MODE D: Here is what a midgit has produced thus far:

Posted Image
Snow White, Thumbelina, and Mermaid Stationaries :3

Posted Image
Death Note Keychains

Posted Image
Buttons

Posted Image
Moar buttons!

Posted Image