Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

AYRiES's Content

There have been 171 items by AYRiES (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43982 Scary Nightmaren?

Posted by AYRiES on 16 March 2008 - 12:05 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've never been especially scared of them, but Donbalon is a little creepy, and Jackle's laugh makes me go 'O____O KWQJHNsmdnc HELP' XD;;

#43981 Our Auchinawa 06 video

Posted by AYRiES on 16 March 2008 - 12:02 PM in Cosplay Zone

Wooo! >D I was hoping that'd get done at some point~ I await eagerly.

#43347 Journey of Dreams...

Posted by AYRiES on 08 March 2008 - 03:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Oh dear god I was asking that question assuming they got the physics engine right. D: They really should've scrapped Bomamba's level and replaced it with something else if they weren't going to put the time needed into getting the physics correct; the game that's based off is hard enough to play in real life as it is without physics going nuts on you. That has got to be the absolutely most frustrating thing I have ever heard of; I would personally have been pulling my hair out if I were trying to play it, and probably still will despite the fact I know to expect the jumpy kitties. *shakes a fist at SEGA in frustration*

It will kill you. Seriously, it doesn't even let you pull towards you, it isn't even a fun kind of brain-killing hard, the music isn't even that amazing...

You know what, screw my other suggestions, I just want that boss GONE. XD;;

#43345 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 08 March 2008 - 03:26 PM in Creative Stuff!

I needed something to replace the old and now battered NiGHTS things I shoved on my wall.

Posted Image

Also, next part of the 50 sentences thing~

45. Face
A smirk, a sneer, black lips curling and twisting and the mock affection whenever he calls him 'sibling' all stabbing him all focused on the face all so cold.

;;;;

11. Trick

Twirling and spinning and he smiles as he flits past a passing pian, remembering why he chose this in the first place.

18. Redeem
Maybe it doesn't redeem him as much to have that extra selfish motive on top of his self righteous 'it's-what's-right spiel' but it's true, and he's as important as any of those visitors he refuses to harm surely?

;;;;

03. Dirt
Helen asks about other visitors, so he slumps down onto the dirt and starts a story about a pink haired girl-angel who sang and the blue haired boy who ran like nobody's buisness.

49. Voice
She asks questions when he's done, voice curious because she never thought of others dreaming, just herself.

31. Grow

"It'd be nice to see her, now she'd be older, I haven't seen her since..."

41. Final

But after the obligatory we-defeated-him they never come back- it's far too final for their minds, after all, even if it actually just happens again and again.

26. Never
They never came back.

;;;;

01. Step

Whenever he walks he just has to wonder- how do people manage it without tripping over their own (well, alright, small) feet?

;;;;

19. Bleak

The bleakest greyest most annoyingly boring dreamers sometimes have the most amazing, wonderful dreamscapes; talk about repression.

;;;;

36. Last

The last words NiGHTS says before running off are hilariously petty quite frankly.

49. Voice

He said to Reala- "If I stuck around here, my voice would end up as stupid as yours!"

22. Anger
Yeah, he was pretty angry at himself for coming up with that one.

;;;;

#43328 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by AYRiES on 08 March 2008 - 10:14 AM in Community Corner

Anymore, by Emmy Rossum

#43327 NiD.Com meetup

Posted by AYRiES on 08 March 2008 - 09:41 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've myself on as a maybe-interested thing, but bear in mind I put mine there because it was very close to where I live; not to say I don't trust /you/ guys with the location, buuut my parents wouldn't be very happy if I told them I'd put the precise location. They're a little nervous about things such as these.

But anyway, I know I'm young but I'd still be interested in meeting up sometime in 2009. This is just seeing who's interested, right~? It seems like such an amazing idea.

#43301 Journey of Dreams...

Posted by AYRiES on 07 March 2008 - 11:04 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Oh, oh, you mean it wasn't just me being really awful at JoD when it took FOREVER to beat that boss? Oh good, I thought I was going insane. Sega need to learn that if something needs a physics engine they should make one that's LOGICAL and doesn't cause thinks to jump over holes if it so much as twitches going in. JQWHJKSQKH HATE.

#43294 The next kids in a NiGHTS game

Posted by AYRiES on 07 March 2008 - 10:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Maybe they should have a Make Your Own Dreamer thingy, like some Tony Hawk games do...

heheh.

I think while it might not work for a main story mode... it could be kinda awesome for online wi-fi, couldn't it? =P

#43282 The next kids in a NiGHTS game

Posted by AYRiES on 07 March 2008 - 06:39 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Honestly, I think that there's something incredibly charming about the nondescript, stereotypical kids featured in NiGHTS. Plus, I think that if they included blatantly DIFFERENT and DIVERSE races, it'd look like a stupid stereotype. LULZ HERES UR BLAK KID SO THAT WE DUN GET SUED

I think it's sad that people actually notice black people enough that it sticks out as a token thing. Seriously. I disagree with this anyway; a black kid could just be put in so that the cast has more... realism, almost? I actually notice, when there's an all white cast, the absence of blacks, or asians, or whoever, not because it's 'racist' or whatever but just... 'This doesn't look right, there would be different colours in there.'

#43280 Journey of Dreams...

Posted by AYRiES on 07 March 2008 - 06:36 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hmm... I probably would have made the game a lot less... real. As in, everything feels very solid, logical, not enough bright colours and I would have made it so you almost have the sense the kids just 'know' things. I mean, that's what it's like in a dream right? Things contradict and make no sense but they do to you. I think with the increased story they had a great opportunity to do that and kind of failed.

Also, nicer textures, Helen's voice and the ability to lap more on the chase sections. I miss my laaaaps D=

ALSO NO BOMAMBA. Was that the cat tilty boss thing's name? ARRGH.

#42791 Favorite Animes?

Posted by AYRiES on 02 March 2008 - 10:19 AM in Community Corner

Death Note, Cat Returns, Chobits, FLCL, Nausicaa, Laputa/Castle in the Sky, and, er, Yu Gi Oh GX. [Cough] But don't tell anyone the last one~ Haha. I wouldn't class it in my favourites, but Tokyo Mew Mew is one I hold a soft spot for as well. I really wish it had had a good dub, it suffered on that front. A lot.

Oh! Oh! And I haven't finished it, but Cardcaptor Sakura is wonderful too~

#42730 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 01 March 2008 - 09:37 PM in Creative Stuff!

[Zombie-rise and dust off.]

Oh hai guyz~ I is being here nao. ...And, apparently, talking in awful English. Whatever.

And I bring... fanfiction. Of a sort. I did- well, am doing- this 50 sentances challenge over at LJ, and to make it REALLY hard I took something which I find nigh-on impossible to write, NiGHTS, in honour of my finally getting JoD!

Sentances can be read individually or with the proceeding one if it's in the same section, and others in their sections, but not with ones in other sections.

Anyway, this is sections one, two and three. More sections to follow.

09. Child
NiGHTS has often wondered why it's almost always children that have the Red- in the end he decides that the adults must simply be too tired to bother with bravery.

10. Confess
Of course, he has to confess he prefers it this way, because he doesn't really have any interest in the older people anyway, and this way he doesn't feel any need to interact with them.

30. Lurk
Sometimes he just watches them though, because even if they aren't fun once he's calmed them down it's always fun to observe them stumbling around in confusion.

24. Terror
He always looks away when the nightmaren come, though, because he hates the look they all have then- it's one time when they look exactly the same as the kids.

;;;;

49. Voice
If he has to deal with one more little girl glaring at him when he says he's not a 'she' and saying "But you sound like Mummy, not Daddy!" he is going straight back to Wizeman, no questions asked.

;;;;

40. Beyond
Sometimes he wishes he didn't have the urge to explore everywhere, anywhere, because when he stands at the edge of a dreamscape and stares at his own ends he feels something unusual.

33. Sick
After all, it takes a lot to make someone without a body feel so ill.

#42708 The next kids in a NiGHTS game

Posted by AYRiES on 01 March 2008 - 12:35 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd like the gender roles mixed up! A girl feeling insecure because she likes sports, or doesn't like girly things, or likes science or something? A guy with the same issues but likes... I dunno. Something girly? That would be interesting. Not all girls like music and not all boys like sports! I also love Sage's idea; the inner-child thing could be really sweet and lovely, and it'd be interesting to play as an adult in that situation; I think a 16 year old, and a 10 year old might work. The 16 year old is desperate to grow up, the 10 year old could help them see that there's plenty of joy in acting your age as well or something? And having different ethnicities would be great as long as they didn't insist on making an OMG huge deal of it. But it would be nice.

I think the thing is, I still want the simple storybook style story telling. I don't want them to be over-characterised, I definately don't want too much drama. It would take away from the dreamy feel of the game IMO.

#42705 why don't people want it?

Posted by AYRiES on 01 March 2008 - 12:08 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well, first off, this is me speaking as someone who does love the game.

I know for a fact that a lot of people at my school are aware of the game. I don't know, but I rarely see video game adverts full stop myself so while I agree it was under-advertised, I don't think it's the only thing. I actually think the cover might put some people off- it's a pretty cover, sure, but the colours and slightly plasticy feel... it makes me think of a young kids' game, and I think if people aren't aware of what the game is it's going to put them off. But, on the other hand, Woolworths only just took the game off the shelf here, it's still in Blockbusters really prominantly; and these are small versions of the shops, so games cycle through really fast. (They don't have any returned/second hand copies either, which I'm trying to work out if it's good or bad because it cost me more XD;;; ) There are a few factors, I suppose...

I don't think people were expecting the game to sell as well as a big-name game anyway, or at least I wasn't... I've always thought it'd be a game that made them a profit, not like Sonic where it's purpose is to get into the charts and such. NiGHTS shouldn't be compared to Mario or Sonic- it's just not a big thing outside the gamers commuity, and not really even within it. So long as Sega make some money, I'll count it as a success myself.

#42483 NiGHTS JPN RECORDS ALL BROKEN

Posted by AYRiES on 28 February 2008 - 06:55 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I'd congratulate you all, but I'm far too busy hyperventilating at those SCORES. Woah.

#42482 Propper spelling of the name

Posted by AYRiES on 28 February 2008 - 06:52 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I really hate Wiki's policy on this. I mean, the name isn't Nights, it's NiGHTS, and isn't it kind of misinformation to say otherwise? Sure, it's just a visual thing, but I still think it's important considering it's used in basically every ref. to the character or game ever, and since video games are a visual medium to start with... Bleh.

#28113 Okay. The 'Worst That Could Happen' Thread.

Posted by AYRiES on 30 November 2007 - 09:25 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

He gets a nose and promptly spends the rest of the game sneezing.

Some kind of slash/yaoi/whatever. With Owl.

#27720 How were you first introduced to NiGHTS?

Posted by AYRiES on 28 November 2007 - 06:21 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Someone I watched on deviantART had a link to this site and Trippy's art, and I ended up falling in love with what the game looked like and eventually getting it. After months and months of just lurking around, haha I have no life XD Actually, I got the Saturn as a gift. Second hand off eBay of course, we never had a Saturn. I was a Nintendo 64/Dreamcast person...

#27454 ~// Leonhart's NiGHTS Graphic Art \\~

Posted by AYRiES on 27 November 2007 - 10:58 AM in Creative Stuff!

Wow, those are absolutely stunning! The Helen one is just gorgeous with how you changed the colours, and I really like the L'amour one as well. Really fantastic stuff!

#27184 Juex France Stuff

Posted by AYRiES on 25 November 2007 - 07:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Those 'pians look deliciously demented. Like they're all high on caffeine. However, nothing comes close to that one eyed monster of a boss. Holy. HELL. *dies* Now that would give me the worst kind of nightmares.

#27161 Dreamcast 4 up in the morning

Posted by AYRiES on 25 November 2007 - 04:59 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I can just see him with a monocle.

#27153 Dreamcast 4 up in the morning

Posted by AYRiES on 25 November 2007 - 04:23 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

"OH hello, I'm going to take over the dreamwooooorld~"

I LOVE YOU.

#27150 Do you want to appear on DreamCast?

Posted by AYRiES on 25 November 2007 - 04:06 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Since my mic is now cooperating, I'd love to be in any shows coming up! Bear in mind my voice is ever so slightly aggravating~ XD Can you take WMA files? Or WAV? I can try and get MP3 though if not.

#27118 New JoD ad

Posted by AYRiES on 25 November 2007 - 10:01 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Beyond NiGHTS' mouth, which looks like some sort of gaping, lipless black hole, ohwow that's really pretty *_*

#23073 A Sairun Sketchbook -Last Updated: 29/10/07

Posted by AYRiES on 30 October 2007 - 05:40 PM in Creative Stuff!

That's an amazing design. I love all the spikes and zippers, they just look so cool! And it really stands out from a lot of the fanmarens I think. Always cool to see. And for some reason I just love that pose XD