Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kato's Content

There have been 116 items by Kato (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38576 Eddie Izzard

Posted by Kato on 28 January 2008 - 07:02 PM in Community Corner

Sirens: Come over here! We are naked shaggable women! We have excellent parking for shiiiiiips!

#37460 Kato's NON-Nights All-Purpose Art Topic

Posted by Kato on 24 January 2008 - 08:16 PM in Artwork

Photoshop.

Posted Image
Giant monster thing. He's a man-made mutant deep-sea beast made from many different animals. Tests with atomic bombs irradiated a biological waste dump for alien materials. Mutant alien creatures laid an egg in this odd concoction, which rolled into the ocean and fell into a deep trench. Later, the Mutant, radioactive, alien, deep-sea, man-made egg hatched and the KING MECHA-CLOVERKATOZILLA BEAST CREATURE was born. Then many years later a shark swam up, and the KING MECHA-CLOVERKATOZILLA BEAST CREATURE was spooked by it. AND SO FLED TO LAND.

He drops off Patchwork Penguin-Bats with Scorpion tails that make cute noises at people.

#37459 Cloverfield

Posted by Kato on 24 January 2008 - 08:10 PM in Community Corner

Yeah. I've heard talk about a sequel. But from what I hear, they're thinking about the same attack only from a different POV. I personally would like an aftermath movie detailing the reprecussions of Cloverfield, leading to an encounter with a more mature creature of the species.

#37411 Cloverfield

Posted by Kato on 24 January 2008 - 02:55 PM in Community Corner

It wasn't a ripoff of alien in the least. The
Spoiler
have a factual science to them.
Spoiler

Also...

Spoiler

Hasbro will be releasing a 14" toy of the beast....I plan to acquire one, regardless of its very high price.

#37292 NIGHTS INTO DREAMS 1.5 FANGAME UPDATED 1-23-2008!

Posted by Kato on 23 January 2008 - 10:19 PM in Creative Stuff!

I could probably come up with a story and possibly some unique boss designs if you like.

#36191 Cloverfield

Posted by Kato on 18 January 2008 - 08:37 PM in Community Corner

They spent so much time NOT advertising the movie, now that it's released they gotta make up for it. XD

#36154 Chlorine Art

Posted by Kato on 18 January 2008 - 02:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

Sexy!

#36153 Cloverfield

Posted by Kato on 18 January 2008 - 02:02 PM in Community Corner

I drew a picture of the beastie! Did it at 2AM last night.

http://www.demon-hea...cloverfield.png

#36080 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 17 January 2008 - 05:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hehe, thanks. ^^;; Last one of the 6. Beetoaden, Deepsix, Dualos, Rex Roller, Nevermore, and finally...
Posted Image
His name is Cauldron. And he is a vampire bat. In the way that vampire leach blood, he is a representation of my tendency to NOT rely on others actually. I'm pretty self-sufficient so he embodies I suppose my fear of leaching. XD

Boss Tactic: Cauldron floats around divebombing NiGHTS every once in a while, which keeps you on your toes. First notice your surroundings. You'll be in some kind of church or castle courtyard. In the center, are several catapults, six to be exact, and a six bell towers around the walls. When the battle starts he'll release 6 patchwork bats which will hover towards you. These bats are your ammunition. You'll have to drill dash each one, throw it into one of the catapults, then latch onto the catapult, and aim it at the corresponding bell. When you release, the bat will go flying into the bell and ring it. When all six are ringing, Cauldron will grab his ears in pain, keeping him from flying, and causing him to fall to his death. On hard mode, he'll spawn 10 bats at once, and several coffins will hover around the area occasionally blocking your shots.

Posted Image

That's all of em. Broken down into two sides would be:

Side A: Beetoaden (Purity/Vice), Rex Roller (Wisdom/Luck), Cauldron (Growth/Reliance)
Side B: Deepsix (Purity/Malice), Dualos (Wisdom/Emotion), Nevermore (Growth/Decay)

And finally, here is TheWiseKitsune's Kato-maren, designed by me.
Posted Image
Her name I've been calling her is Cosmic Cobressa.

#36050 Purgatory's MiNDLESS SCRiBBLES

Posted by Kato on 17 January 2008 - 02:09 PM in Creative Stuff!

I think my favorite on that list is either the one where everyone is on the bike and Puffy is being dragged. (PUFFY LOVE) or the recent one with the Hawt Jacket. >:)

#36049 Dreamcreatures and NiGHTS related

Posted by Kato on 17 January 2008 - 02:06 PM in Creative Stuff!

OH THANK YOU. *attaches to leg* Finally a fanmaren which is not a NiGHTS clone. D: You are my new favorite person for today. This is uber sexy, and very creative. You've taken one of your personal fears and made it NiGHTSish. That is very pleasing!

Is that a barn? XD

#36048 Crossover-Style NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, etc.

Posted by Kato on 17 January 2008 - 02:01 PM in Creative Stuff!

Woohoo. And you may (or may not) see a gijinka Cerberus here. Either way it will be drawn. But y'know....3 men....connected together by chains...and with spiked collars...that may be a bit too kinky of a gijinka for the young'ins.

#35995 Your Worst Fear

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 10:49 PM in Dream Discussion

Sharks. Murky Water. Murky water with sharks in it. Some Spiders and some scorpions. (Though I love them! <3 )

Koalas. >> Dislocating body parts and losing fingernails/toenails.

And yes, I have had nightmares with all of the above at some point.

#35992 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 10:43 PM in Creative Stuff!

Heh, it's cool. Crows/Ravens aren't exactly uncommon. XD Though I admit she was definitley influenced by Avis the Crow. One of mah Sheezyart friends, and a resident of the old NiD boards. ;)

#35979 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 09:43 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image
This is quite obviously the Puffy/Donbalon equivalent.

Boss Tactic: Unlike his predecessors whom you simply had to get from point A to point B, Beetoaden requires a slightly different tactic. He floats around on a lily pond, bouncing whichever way. Your goal is to grab him, and toss him like a wrecking ball to destroy the various support columns around the room. When you've broken through all of them, water will fill the pool, and Beetoaden will wash over the side. On easy mode there are 50 posts. On hard mode, there are 200, mixed in with some posts and other obstacles which cannot be broken. Take time to line up your shots and knock down as many posts as you can in every throw. A well places toss can knock down anywhere from 25 to 30 posts at once.

The next one will be named 'Cauldron' and he is a vampire bat.

#35956 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 07:27 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks! I was wanting to come up with my own six maren which would represent my own fears. So these all have a lot of thought behind them. XD You'll all like this one I bet.
Posted Image
I suppose this is the Jackle/Queen Bella equivalent. Her name is Nevermore. Cliche, I know. But important!

Boss Tactic: Being related to both death and decay, Nevermore passes between phases of appearance depending on what clock she's in front of. If the clock is set between 1:00 and 3:00, she'll be an egg. 4:00 to 6:00 and she'll be a smaller and younger version of herself. 7:00 to 9:00 she'll appear as a full grown creature. 10:00 to 12:00 she'll be attered and skeletal. If you'll notice, there are 12 clocks lining the arena walls, and one of them is stuck at midnight. You'll notice this because the pendulum is not moving. You may also notice that when you fly to the ends of the hour hands, you can latch onto them. The idea is to set them in order of the hours, progressively from 1-12. Then, you chase her to 1:00 and she will turn into and egg. By then tossing her horizontally, she'll pass from egg to child, to adult, to aged, before dying at 12:00. This is not as easy as it sounds. Nevermore flies constantly ahead of you, unless she is an egg, and tosses feathers if you get too close. She can also change the hour hands on the clocks as long as she is not in egg form, which can seriously damper your progress. If you chase after her and avoid all feathers, you'll be getting nowhere, but the same can be said about her. One tactic is to place every clock between 1:00 and 3:00 and have her stuck as an egg. Then when she floats by a clock, you'll change it to the appropriate time. Or you can keep up the chase, and change the times very quickly to keep her on her toes. On easy mode, more than one clock will be stuck at the right time. On hard mode, only 12:00 is stuck, and you have to toss her twice.

Next up is Beetoaden. (Pronounced like Beethoven)

#35924 Crossover-Style NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, etc.

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 02:01 PM in Creative Stuff!

I call a Shadow the Hedgehog maren!

#35923 Why DB Doesn't Draw Much NiGHTS Stuff Anymore

Posted by Kato on 16 January 2008 - 01:59 PM in Creative Stuff!

I want to tug at his cheeks. XD

#35765 I am in need of a Fan Maren [CONTEST]

Posted by Kato on 15 January 2008 - 05:16 PM in Creative Stuff!

I would greatly approve of a request topic. I wouldn't request anything, but I wouldn't mind at all helping to do a few.

#35764 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 15 January 2008 - 05:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image
Best. Fanmaren. EVER. Hands down. You can't deny it. His name is Deepsix and he is a shark.

Boss Tactic: Deepsix swims around the circular arena very quickly. The only way to keep up with him is to fly through the rings he leaves behind which momentarily boost your speed. If you fly through enough rings, you'll end up grabbing his tail. Then, fly the opposite direction. When his tail stretches out enough NiGHTS will automatically let go and he'll be launched into the wall. Do this three times and he's sushi. However, yf he gets too far ahead and ends up behind you, he'll dash forwards to bite you. On hard mode, the tactic is the same but now the rings have spikes on them. If you don't fly through them properly, you'll take a hit and Deepsix will gain distance putting you very quickly in biting range.

Posted Image
And this is Rex Roller. King of the Dinos and King of the Gamblers.

Boss Tactic: Rex places himself at the center on a pile of coins. Surrounding his platform are three slot machines. By running into their levers, the dials will spin. When you Paraloop in front of one of the dials it will stop. The objective is to get three matching symbols across. Scoring any three-in-a-row combination will release coins out, and Rex will have fewer in his pile. When his pile is empty, he will be defeated. If you mess up in getting three in a row, Rex will toss poker chips at you. If you manage to get all 7's across on all three machines, it's enough for a win. Once you roll on a machine, it will be useless until you roll on the other two. In hard mode, he has more coins, and the dials spin slightly faster. If you're very patient you'll have no problem.

#35751 The Kato Rai-Maren Challenge

Posted by Kato on 15 January 2008 - 02:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

Lol SUPERSSAIYANPENGY9000. XD And I don't want a free commish from myself. I get those everyday. I do feel kind of silly now though. This topic I think is misinterpreted, because honestly I wanted just to draw something for someone else, but I suppose this wan't the best way to hand it out. So I'll give a free commish to KT and something for Maresuke when she gets her maren designed. I guess you can close this. Or delete it. Whichever.

#35601 The Kato Rai-Maren Challenge

Posted by Kato on 14 January 2008 - 06:19 PM in Creative Stuff!

Bump for this. Was anyone else perhaps intrested in this challenge/contest? It's been up for quite a while. Again, I'm offering a free commission as a prize.

#35562 Crossover-Style NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, etc.

Posted by Kato on 14 January 2008 - 04:48 PM in Creative Stuff!

*Clings to Donbalon worriedly* Don't worry, I won't let the scary people touch your naughty place. D:
Don: You're crazy. Get away from me.

Posted Image
My contribution is a Gijinka Donbalon.

#35547 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 14 January 2008 - 02:09 PM in Creative Stuff!

Updates to Images:

Posted Image
HE FINALLY HAS A NAME. Otherwise no 'real' update. XD

Posted Image
PAIN. AND SUFFERING.

#35182 Kato Artwork

Posted by Kato on 11 January 2008 - 10:43 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Just some Maren pics I've done lately. These are all submissions to various people's requests. I should really stop doing that. It's just a waste of my time and creativity. Anyway, I'll have something new eventually.