Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Jeremy.chan's Content

There have been 8 items by Jeremy.chan (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55147 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 26 June 2008 - 12:35 AM in Creative Stuff!

Okay everyone.
Just to let you know:
The deadline is July 15 and we would appreciate more NiGHTS/Jackle/Reala auditions.
Thanks so much!

#55002 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 23 June 2008 - 10:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

"1. Please record all three of the lines I have provided, in one file."

I"m recording my lines but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I'm not very good with computers.

It's okay, don't worry. Just email me your recordings in any way you know how?

#54957 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 23 June 2008 - 01:54 AM in Creative Stuff!

Gah, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything today, and tomorrow may be a bit hectic for me. I may be able to get it done tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I should definitely have it uploaded by Tuesday.

Sounds good!

#54941 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 22 June 2008 - 11:42 PM in Creative Stuff!

As far as I'm aware, no...but, in reality, I have no quality recording program anyway. The thing is, I would want to voice act in the same way professional voice acting is done: recording on the spot with a director of sorts who critiques on the spot so retakes can be made immediately.

Well, this is not a professional situation, and this is the way I have learned to create radio plays/fandubs.
If you have any idea of a program that can be used the way you're thinking, let me know. But until then, this is the best we've got.

#54937 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 22 June 2008 - 11:26 PM in Creative Stuff!

... I can't e-mail you, but is a PM okay?

I'll try to finish it sometime today and get it uploaded, but I still think I have a crappy voice I'm just exciting about doing something during this extremely boring summer.

PM is fine.

This sounds awesome! :D Hopefully my microphone is up to the task.
I think I'll try for Claris and NiGHTS. Any particular critiques you're going to use for Claris's song?

I won't know what to critique with until I hear it, I'm afraid.

Hm. I think I'll give it a shot.

The only thing is, I think I'd have an easier time if I had someone to act *with*...you know, like a skype conversation or something.

Can you record on skype?

#54885 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 22 June 2008 - 04:55 AM in Creative Stuff!

Aw man! It's always been my (3rd) dream to be a voice actor, but my voice kinda sucks. I'm auditioning anyways.

Edit- I thought about auditioning for Jackle, 'cause I can do the laugh, but I think it'd be too hard for me to do the voice so I'm going to try to make something for the Nightopians.

Edit 2- I was looking at the Reala lines, and I tried some. I think my voice is a little bit higher pitched than what you're looking for, but I can do sadistic and cynical pretty well. I was wondering about the second line, though, the one about it being good to have NiGHTS back. I came up with quite a few ways of saying it sadistically, so I think I'd have to see the line in context to get a good feel for it and produce the right sound.

Well, you can email me your current audition lines, and I can look them over and give a critique. In all honesty, coming up with more than one way to say something really helps me, as a director, know what kind of voice actor you are and all, so that's a good thing =3

#54867 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 22 June 2008 - 12:03 AM in Creative Stuff!

... *dies*

Oh man! I would love to be a part of that, even as just a Nightopian!! Being NiGHTS would be awesome too, but I'm the kinda person who isn't very good at hearing their own voice... so I'd have to do lots of recordings to figure out if I'd even consider myself ^^;

Ooh, I forgot to ask... did you need, like... any specific accents or ways of talking in particular?

No no, you don't need any specific accents or anything.
I'd love for you to try out! I bet your voice is just fine.

Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I think I'll give an audition for NiGHTS and Helen and try to send it in as soon as possible. :angry:

Sounds excellent!

#54839 NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

Posted by Jeremy.chan on 21 June 2008 - 03:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremychan or Jem.

I've recently set up a new project for myself to work on over the summer, which is a radioplay called 'NiGHTS: Ballad of Dreams.'

What is a radioplay you might ask? Well, it's sort of like a drama CD. Each voice actor that is chosen will receive a script, with their lines highlighted.
The lines that they are required to say, they will record onto a .WAV or .MP3 file and them to me.
Once I have gotten everyone's lines, I will mix them accordingly, resulting in a radioplay, talk show, drama CD, or whatnot.

I can't do this alone, though!
I need you to help me, because hey, I want to give all those aspiring voice actors a chance to play, and I can't do all the lines alone.

All the information you will need is at this handy little link:
NiGHTS: Ballad of Dreams
That includes character available, their audition lines, how to audition, what the story is about, and everything you generally need.

Please, if you have any questions or concerns I will be glad to answer them.
And if you need extra assistance on auditioning, I will provide that as well.

Good luck!