Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kentilan's Content

There have been 481 items by Kentilan (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#77955 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 07 October 2009 - 04:27 PM in Creative Stuff!

Well, I think it's done now.
Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3WBM9CTW
In the end I just left the Ideya Capture as it was, it doesn't really matter if it's too small...
The game should support controllers, but not in the menu.

I hope everything works fine. Many thanks to everyone who've helped or supported the project.

Well then...
I wish it would have ended differently, but, it's just not a place for me.

#77656 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 05 October 2009 - 09:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

It was made by Razer112...

However, even if he agrees, there are a few problems with your sprite...
With the way you make the sprites, it looks great but I can't change the color palette. I don't know if you were planning to draw all four Ideya Captures, or if you drew the white parts on a separate layer that you could tint, but I would also need the green, blue and yellow ones...
Moreover, the transparency isn't right. The bubble is supposed to be uniformly partially transparent with a non-uniform color (dark color with spots of bright color). Your sprite uses an uniform color and non-uniform transparency (mostly opaque with transparent spots). So it would look weird.
(it's also missing the gray transparent bubble below, though that doesn't really bother me.)

I'm thinking that, if the Ideya Capture's size really bothers you, it would be easier to just stretch the current sprite in-game, even if that would make it blurry.

#77283 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 03 October 2009 - 08:23 AM in Creative Stuff!

That's nice, but I already have an Ideya Capture sprite, and even though it's a bit small, I don't really want to ditch it since it wasn't made by me.

#77168 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 02 October 2009 - 07:21 PM in Creative Stuff!

There you go:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z5UHR5J7

#77054 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 01 October 2009 - 09:39 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks a lot! I've added the animation to the game, it's great!
Do you want a new video?

#76988 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 01 October 2009 - 11:27 AM in Creative Stuff!

It is a bit unfortunate that yet another NiGHTS fan project is being left unfinished

It won't be left unfinished; it'll just be rushed.

#76979 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 01 October 2009 - 08:57 AM in Creative Stuff!

Is there any way I can continue to create levels and you can implement them and re-release?

Sorry, but there won't be any other releases; once the game is released, I'll leave.
However you can still send levels before the release. I think I'll release the game on the 7th or 8th, that should give me enough time to complete the programming, levels and graphics. (except the mermaid sprites; I don't think I can do them myself so I'll have to replace them with normal sprites...)

I've never really been given a deadline so I'm sorry if I was too slow...

Don't be sorry, it's not your fault; it's just my fault for being too impatient. Thanks for all your help.

Ah, nerts. I'm in the middle of the flight sprites..

Sorry. If you can complete them before the release I'll add them, else I'm sorry if I made you waste your time.

#76887 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 30 September 2009 - 09:43 AM in Creative Stuff!

I'm really, really sorry everyone, but, this game is taking too much time to complete, and I don't have any more patience. So I have decided to release the game next week, in whatever state it is. It will be complete, though, just not as good as it could have been. Again, I'm really sorry.

#76568 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 26 September 2009 - 09:06 AM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks.

#76061 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 21 September 2009 - 07:39 PM in Creative Stuff!

Great, thanks!

#75482 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 17 September 2009 - 08:55 PM in Creative Stuff!

Could you make it so after NiGHTS stops, He slowly sinks to the ground like on the game?

Alright. It shouldn't be difficult.

I'd be up for doing new Chip/Star graphics too, if you like..

Why, you don't like the ones I did? =p
Seriously though, I think you already have enough stuff to do. I don't want to give you too much work.

Oh, and also we gotta tackle Nightmaren..

You mean enemies? I had kinda forgotten about them. That would require some effort to implement. Which nightmarens do you want?

#75398 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 17 September 2009 - 10:57 AM in Creative Stuff!

I still wanna try my hand at designing a Mare or two.. are there set dimensions for those?

No, the mares can have the size you want, except that the height can't be more than 12 tiles.
If you need more info about level design, just send me a PM.

Also, if the new background has been integrated it'd be neat to see new vid.. thanku

Here's a new video (this one has been downscaled a bit):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=240RLPYD

#75189 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 16 September 2009 - 06:56 AM in Creative Stuff!

I guess I'll just put random numbers... It doesn't really matter since the ranks don't unlock anything.

charlie, can you please send me the second level you made? I think you said you had modified it afterwards...
Meanwhile I've tried to make some levels myself, but I think they suck. I'll keep on making levels but if you ever find the time to make another one I'll gladly accept it.

#74918 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 14 September 2009 - 08:11 AM in Creative Stuff!

I could also rip some graphics from NiD if you need anything like HUD.

No thanks, I've already made the HUD.

Guess one simple way to go about it would be figuring what you need for a C rank

But how should I do that?

#74682 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 11 September 2009 - 01:03 PM in Creative Stuff!

On the programming side, I think it's pretty much complete now. I'll just have to write the credits and set the rank requirements. I guess I'll do level design now.
Anyway, does anyone know how to determine the ranks requirements? Is there any way or formula to find out how many points you need for a A rank for example?

#74496 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 09 September 2009 - 05:36 PM in Creative Stuff!

Yes, that's possible. That would be nice, thanks.

#74477 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 09 September 2009 - 01:02 PM in Creative Stuff!

I managed to record a video with Fraps actually, thanks for the advice.
Though it's a bit slower than the game (Fraps could only record the video at about 80 fps instead of 100), and after compression, the quality is rather bad. Also, I couldn't record more than 30 seconds. And I'm not really a good player.

I've uploaded the video on megaupload because I don't have a YouTube account.
link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=USGOAAPW

The video shows the first mare of the first level. Some of the graphics are temporary.

#74472 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by Kentilan on 09 September 2009 - 12:08 PM in Community Corner

....... are you actually asking me a question?

Well, yes. I don't like it when people seem to be talking for everybody, especially when I don't relate.

#74464 Sonic 4 Discussion

Posted by Kentilan on 09 September 2009 - 07:58 AM in Community Corner

I hope this game is the one we've all been waiting for.

Who is "we all"?

#74462 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 09 September 2009 - 07:49 AM in Creative Stuff!

It's Just fine. Will this game have Level transformations like how you could turn into a sled or a mermaid in the first game?

Yes, there should be a mermaid transformation.

May I request gameplay footage be posted online, such as YouTube? I can't run the game until I install a Windows partition thingy and I wanna see it in action.

Alright, I'll try. I have no idea how to capture footage but I'll try to find out.

#74414 Another NiGHTS fangame [complete]

Posted by Kentilan on 08 September 2009 - 01:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

Quick question: is anyone bothered by the low sound quality? I think I've found out how to play mp3 files, so I could use music of better quality without increasing the size, but I don't know if it's worth making the changes. (plus I've read it doesn't work if you don't have the right dll file or something).

#74380 Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Posted by Kentilan on 07 September 2009 - 08:11 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I believe SEGA still hold the rights to Mighty, however there's little chance that we'll ever see him again. Besides, he can't be in this game, since we already know that there are no more Sonic characters to be revealed. And that rumor's source is apparently Wikipedia, so it's wrong by default.

#74355 Helen's Mother

Posted by Kentilan on 07 September 2009 - 10:34 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

NiGHTS into Dreams which is proven to have been set in the future (due to the design of Twin Seeds and Elliot and Claris in Burning Rangers)

While I agree with your other points, I don't think Elliot and Claris's presence in Burning Rangers can prove anything. I didn't play the game, but it seems to me that their presence is just a cameo and that Burning Ranger and NiD are completely unrelated (I've read there are also Sonic Team members in Burning Rangers).
NiD has been proved to take place in the future because that's written on the Japanese website, that's all.

#74351 Ps2 NiGHTs Model Ripping?

Posted by Kentilan on 07 September 2009 - 10:24 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Just tried 3DVIA Printscreen, and it did work with SADX, but with pcsx2 I can't seem to capture anything. Sorry.

#74286 Ps2 NiGHTs Model Ripping?

Posted by Kentilan on 06 September 2009 - 09:36 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I tried using 3D Ripper DX with a PS2 emulator, but it didn't work. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but the program seemed to capture just the window as a flat object instead of all the models.