Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Metaria's Content

There have been 53 items by Metaria (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61890 A request to D.A/Sheezy/S7 NiGHTS artists

Posted by Metaria on 31 August 2008 - 06:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

http://nevirashadowfire.deviantart.com

Here you go =D

#61889 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Metaria on 31 August 2008 - 06:45 PM in Community Corner

"If I Was Your Vampire," by Marilyn Manson.

Usually I don't listen to his stuff, but I heard this one on the new Max Payne movie trailer and got hooked.

#60423 Surfing NiGHTs picture

Posted by Metaria on 15 August 2008 - 03:18 PM in Creative Stuff!

I like the eyes. Very large and sparkly. =D
Great job!

#60125 New Age

Posted by Metaria on 11 August 2008 - 07:18 PM in Community Corner

Have good recommendations of songs?

I like Ali Jihad Racy's "Mystical Legacies" and "Ancient Egypt" albums. (Technically, they're Arabic music, but got filed into the new age category.) He uses traditional Arabic instruments in his work and the "Ancient Egypt" album was composed for the Seattle Tutankhamun exhibit back in the 70s. Careful when ordering them off Amazon though, as it took them eight months just to get ahold of a copy for me, but that was before the downloadable option was introduced. (I love you too, Amazon.)

Some new age musicians are independent labels without much publicity. So doing some research and looking around on your own might net you some treasure that might otherwise go unnoticed. =)

#60002 New Age

Posted by Metaria on 10 August 2008 - 04:49 PM in Community Corner

Ah, I've got Secret Garden stashed somewhere in the multigenre chaos that is my iPod. Good stuff.

New Age can and often will have some sort of religious theme, usually a message of spiritual journey and enlightenment. The music is a hybrid of classical and folk music, so if you want to get nitpicky, it's really old-age music recycled to appeal to a wider modern audience...

It's criticized a lot for being repetitive, and having little room for development of the genre.

#60000 Gothic Lolita Bible

Posted by Metaria on 10 August 2008 - 04:28 PM in Cosplay Zone

Yuki wrote the lyrics for one of Kozi's singles, but other than that has basically dropped off the face of the earth. ;-;

#59827 Gothic Lolita Bible

Posted by Metaria on 08 August 2008 - 04:04 PM in Cosplay Zone

Eee, all these links to love. <3

I'd love to sew my own Lolita clothing. But I need to improve my sewing skills a little more, buy a new ruffler, and decide whether or not it would be wise to wear all that fabric and petticoats in 100+°F weather. o_O But until then, I study up on the translation aid provided here for when I come across a Lolita pattern in Japanese.

As for visual kei...I like it, but only a few bands - D'espairsRay, Malice Mizer, Versailles, L'Arc~en~Ciel, and Blood. Most of the time it just seems too over-the-top for me.

#59504 What kind of Pokemon are you?

Posted by Metaria on 05 August 2008 - 02:52 PM in Community Corner

From the Mystery Dungeon tests, I'm a Charmander. Brave type.

But I always thought of myself as Jigglypuff. Eager to prove my talents, but it never works out the way I want it to and I lose my temper because of it.

#59501 Nintendo Wii

Posted by Metaria on 05 August 2008 - 02:42 PM in Community Corner

Posted Image

I rofl'd.
I popped the street address into Mapquest and got a location, so it is a real address (I wouldn't have been surprised if it was bogus, with what we've seen with these guys so far...)

It would take me 5 hours to get there @_@ But if it gets some answers, I can do it. For great justice!

#59430 Square Enix Event 08!

Posted by Metaria on 05 August 2008 - 12:24 AM in Community Corner

Maybe the FF7 news revealed on the second day was so surprising that everyone reporting on it went into epileptic shock. [/random wishful thinking]

#59382 NiTES: Jernee of Dreemz

Posted by Metaria on 04 August 2008 - 02:57 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hahaha, gangsta NiGHTS. That's hilarious. :D

#59244 C-C-C-ConnectiCon!

Posted by Metaria on 03 August 2008 - 12:58 AM in Cosplay Zone

It's too far for me.
But I want to meet Robert Picardo so bad. He was my favorite character in ST Voyager.

#59241 NiGHTS Movie

Posted by Metaria on 03 August 2008 - 12:56 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

A NiGHTS movie...hmm...
I like the idea. The source material is great for all ages and it would make for some eye-popping CGI sequencing. Pixar could have a field day.

But there's the "video games into movies" curse, not to mention Disney might decide, upon the rousing success of the first movie, to film a ton of sequels that sap the original glow from it. They seem to be fond of that of late...

I'd love to see a NiGHTS movie. But I want to see it done right the first time. That may or may not be beyond Disney's power to make.

#59216 Square Enix Event 08!

Posted by Metaria on 02 August 2008 - 10:14 PM in Community Corner

What kind of name is 358/2?

If I remember right, it had something to do with Roxas and the end of KH2.

And Sephiroth and Kefka (possibly) working together in Dissidia...holy crap. The Dissidia heroes are toast. And I'll be having nightmares for months.

#59193 Square Enix Event 08!

Posted by Metaria on 02 August 2008 - 02:40 PM in Community Corner

Ah, how I dreamed this day would come.
I'll never put my PS3 back into storage again if FF7 is made for it.
But remake or not, I'm still excited about all the news we're getting about Fabula Nova Crystallis.

#58993 Nintendo Wii

Posted by Metaria on 31 July 2008 - 07:25 PM in Community Corner

I can only find that they sued Nintendo, and that they're in Texas. And Texas courts are an entirely different universe. So that might explain why they've managed to screw Nintendo over.

Hey...Anascape's apparently based in Tyler, and going to court in Lufkin (south of Tyler, on highway 69.) I've never been there, but I know the general area. Road trip! >D *starts making protest signs*

#58817 Anyone interested in a NiGHTS musical?

Posted by Metaria on 29 July 2008 - 06:56 PM in Creative Stuff!

This sounds great. I love musicals (unless it's West Side Story, and then I'll retreat to the orchestra pit, thank you)

I'd like to check out the songs. Do you already have music written for them or is it just the lyrics?

Also, how is this going to be filmed?

#58814 Nintendo Wii

Posted by Metaria on 29 July 2008 - 06:43 PM in Community Corner

I was in Target not three hours ago looking through the Wii accessories and didn't find any of the classic controllers. So either they're all sold out (like everything else I ever need in that blasted store) or Nintendo's already pulled the controllers from the market. Was that one of the terms of the settlement?

Great. I can see a black market for classic controllers popping up.

#58779 Nintendo Wii

Posted by Metaria on 29 July 2008 - 01:43 AM in Community Corner

How could Microsoft get out of this one while Nintendo can't? I guess only because they had so much cash in their billion-dollar company that they decided to just pay up. Seriously, this is ludicrous! With all those patents that company has, almost every game controller would be an infringement: "remote controller with analog button," seriously?! This is like putting a patent on soap! Controllers need analog!

Microsoft didn't get out of it. Neither did Sony. They just decided to settle it out of court/grant licenses to Anascape instead of going like Nintendo and duking it out in court. (This makes Nintendo's case look weak, as they decided to fight rather than kowtow to Anascape.)

Somehow, this situation reminds me of that one guy that realized that AT&T hadn't copyrighted their logo, copyrighted it under his own name, and sued them for millions of dollars in copyright infringement. It's stupid, really.

And is Anascape really legit, anyway? I've never heard of them, searching for them hasn't brought much luck, and somehow they've managed to score patents that have been in public circulation since analog controllers were developed.

#58683 What do the people around you call NiGHTS?

Posted by Metaria on 28 July 2008 - 02:01 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

My mother - "Oh, that's so pretty! I like it! Is that Sonic?"

My dad - "Okay, I know I've asked you this a million times before, but...is that a guy or a girl?"

People who watch me draw NiGHTS during class - "Is that a Pokemon?" Lulz.

#58658 Non-violent Jackle Glitch

Posted by Metaria on 27 July 2008 - 06:47 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Wow. He just kinda...drifts...like he fell asleep while flying. Maybe he got bored waiting for NiGHTS? Or he hadn't had his quadruple-shot espresso yet?

The music made me smile.

#58071 Do you like Owl?

Posted by Metaria on 22 July 2008 - 01:20 AM in Poll Area

He reminds me a bit of Blathers, from Animal Crossing.

Yay! I'm not the only one who thought that!

I'm kinda indifferent. After listening to Kaepora Gaebola wax eloquent in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, any bird (especially owls) that pops up in a game and starts talking about how I should play the game, plot points I'm going to find out anyway, etc., just make me stop paying attention until they shut up.

I did like his wardrobe, though...especially his glasses.

#58028 Nintendo Power reveals Sonic & The Black Knight

Posted by Metaria on 21 July 2008 - 03:23 PM in Community Corner

All I can say is...No. And, WHY?!

*curls up into fetal position beside Zero* Square-Enix event August 2nd, Square-Enix event August 2nd...

#57781 NiGHTS in Samba De?

Posted by Metaria on 18 July 2008 - 11:05 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I missed Samba De the first time around. I won't miss it this time! Especially not with a NiGHTS song available!

#57779 The Watchmen trailer is ooooout!

Posted by Metaria on 18 July 2008 - 10:55 PM in Community Corner

Holy crow.

Watching this, I'm elated. It looks brilliant. But I have a feeling that when the movie comes out, it'll be just CG and none of the awesomeness of the comic book. I'd hate to see it go like 300 and become a cesspool of quotes that quickly become old. The next person who walks up to me and says "This is Sparta!" is getting punched in the face. Ugh.

But maybe, I'll be proven wrong, and it'll be one of the best movies of next year. Curse my wishy-washy optomism...