Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Professor-J's Content

There have been 7 items by Professor-J (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54512 Japanese JoD region free?

Posted by Professor-J on 16 June 2008 - 07:44 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Its unlikely, but its not unheard of; SEGA left a bug in their darts game for the Nintendo DS which prevents you from completing the game so theres a SMALL possibility there could be a bug in JoD which prevents you from getting all of the My Dream stamps, I think its best we ask AAUK or somebody who works for SEGA what the conditions to get the stamps are...

#53890 why don't people want it?

Posted by Professor-J on 10 June 2008 - 11:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Last friday it was reduced to £9.99 (approximatly $20) in GAME stores in the UK, thats really quite awful, considering the game has only been out since february over here...
Its a shame to see NiGHTS come to this...

#53638 Let the hacking begin!

Posted by Professor-J on 08 June 2008 - 02:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

*sigh* Jackle "could" have been planned for the game but i can guarantee you that he never made it in to in-game development if he was. And as far as i knew Jackle had never been planned for the game so get rid of that idea now, eh? If you go in there looking for Jackle and you don't find anything then you're gonna be dissapointed.

I never said we definatly WOULD find some evidence of Jackle but if you knew how sloppy Sonic Team were when came to leaving things in the game disk you'd know it was entirely possible, look at Sonic 2006 for example, another of Sonic Team's exceedingly tight deadlined games and look at what was discovered inside the game disk, by extracting text we found that Metal Sonic was once planned as a playable character and if we can even find extra characters in Mario and Sonic and Brawl whos to say that we can't find some mention of extra characters in JoD? We found an unused boss in the original NiGHTS and for all we know Jackle could have been planned as a boss in JoD (I know its unlikely since the chameleon was too similar) but until somebody does hack this thing we'll never know, but its not too late to count it out just yet.

#53548 Let the hacking begin!

Posted by Professor-J on 07 June 2008 - 10:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I saw a video from the Sonic Cult forums, they were, Goomba, Cream, Donkey Kong, and Jet. They all worked except for Cream.

Yes, start hacking! I need juicy files that were left in! Selph anyone?

Actually they were Donkey Kong, Birdo, Silver the Hedgehog and Jet the Hawk, the others were simply model swaps using models that were used elsewhere in the game (for example Cream is merely a referee but by swapping her model with a playable characters it can be made to look as if Cream were playable).

I bet fake money that Jackle files are in there. I bet you. I bet you.

Thats most likely true actually, I imagine Jackle was probably planned as a story character. Infact theres evidence to suggest the entire storyline was rushed and thrown together at the last minute. Sonic Team usually write quite deep plots for their games, Phantasy Star, Sonic and even the original NiGHTS had MUCH more complex stories than JoD and something Jof mentioned to me I found interesting, when you defeat Reala in Bell Bridge in JoD he just dissapears and is never mentioned again, not even an "I'll be back" or an "ARGGHHH", hes just gone, if that isn't evidence enough to show the story was tampered with then I don't know what is. Perhaps within the disk we might even find a goldmine like some of the original cutscenes (that is, if the story really was messed with last minute) seeing as how its ALOT easier for game developers to leave unused content within the disk than it is for them to remove it completely.

#53395 Let the hacking begin!

Posted by Professor-J on 06 June 2008 - 12:05 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

As far as I understand, though, hacking Wii games is a barely touched territory. The only Wii hacks I've seen is on Twilight Princess.

Not at all, Super Smash Bros Brawl was blasted open in record time, in only a day of it being released in Japan somebody had created a file viewer that allowed us to see all of files within the disk which revealed to us unused characters, stages and music. Not long afterwards people started started creating tools to rip textures from the game which is a pretty big breakthrough for a Wii game.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games was also hacked, people at Sonic CulT managed to create a character swapper which discovered 4 unused characters within the game.

So its entirely possible, we just need the right people to do it.

I'd totally be all over it. Except, I can't. I'm working on Samba De Amigo right now. (Am I really the only one who wants custom samba songs?) But, if/when I finish that project, I'd gladly pick this one up next and just mess around with it to see if I find something. Might be a long while though, Samba is taking forever.

Awesome, thanks, the more the merrier!

#53362 Let the hacking begin!

Posted by Professor-J on 06 June 2008 - 02:31 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

After some lengthy MSN conversations with Jof we both agreed its about time somebody ripped this game to shits, the Saturn original was hacked to pieces and some pretty juicy stuff was found and considering the stupidly tight time limit this game was given there is bound to be some pretty nice leftovers just waiting to be discovered in the game disk. Sadly I'm no hacker myself but surely its about time we started to encourage people to start disassembling this game?

#53103 Nights and Reala's relationship (discuss)

Posted by Professor-J on 03 June 2008 - 02:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think NiGHTS and Reala's relationship is pretty straightforward, they're just flat-out rivals, there doesn't appear to be a great deal of hate from either side, Reala is just doing his job for Wizeman and NiGHTS is trying to stop him, if Reala truly hated NiGHTS he would have gone out of his way to stop himself right from the very start, plus Reala tends to taunt NiGHTS in a more rivalish way than a hatred way, an example of this is in Memory Forest where he tells Helen NiGHTS is a Nightmaren.