Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

TRiPPY's Content

There have been 59 items by TRiPPY (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100589 NiD Beta and Debug Mode Livestream

Posted by TRiPPY on 12 September 2013 - 12:51 PM in Website Updates

*UPDATE!: This will take place at 7PM GMT today. Please check the topic for video and chat links.

http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1952

#100587 NiD Beta and Debug Mode Livestream

Posted by TRiPPY on 06 September 2013 - 08:50 PM in Website Updates

http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1952

FYi Malan is doing a very cool Livestream of the original Saturn game using debug on Thursday. It will be your chance to ask questions and get a close look at what it can do. He will also be showing off one of the old betas.

Use this topic to discuss :) ~ and thanks to Malan!

#100548 Forums Open again!

Posted by TRiPPY on 25 August 2013 - 11:32 AM in Website Updates

i'll get all the avatary stuff sorted today :)

#100534 Dreams Dreams: NiGHTS's Solo

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 04:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

You're really talented! No need to be shy about that :D

#100532 Dreams Dreams: NiGHTS's Solo

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 04:42 PM in Creative Stuff!

Absolutely beautiful ;u; thank you for sharing!!

#100524 Sonic Lost World - Deadly Six edition - NiGHTS DLC

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 03:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

sorry to go a bit offtopic for a second but I just realised that with Sonic Teams character designs - Puffy- is the only overweight large character that isn't portrayed as being stupid/slow. She's so cool! X) Puffy love +10

#100519 Internet friends Vs Local friends

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 03:00 PM in Community Corner

Crossposting from my FB since I'd like varied input on this:

I'm in the middle of invoicing clients and stuff right now but I've had something in my head since yesterday that stuck with me and thought I'd throw you guys the same question that got asked to me yesterday because I thought my answer was pretty on point. It's about internet use and online friends.
I was asked yesterday by a non online type person why I spend so much time talking to people I can't see face to face (Which i always dislike hugely the implied tone that people on the internet are somehow invisible men and not real people). I was asked why if I also have 'real' friends who i can spend time with offline, like workmates doesn't it feel like more fun or whatever. Was I scared of talking to people or was I antisocial. And i gave the most honest response I could. I'd never actually had to think about this as an adult because i feel quite happy with myself now (and it put me in a bit of a miffed mood to be honest).
The reason I spend so much time online and did growing up is because offline i had very very few close friends I felt glad to have that I shared things in common with. At SEGA i was VERY happy because we all shared lots of things in common like our love for gaming and PC's and stuff I cared about. People 'got' me there and that's why i loved it so much and why i was so close to my friends there. I spend my time with people I feel i can connect with, who I can talk to things I know how to talk about. Otherwise I don't have much to say and feel incredibly awkward like I'm wasting both my and their time. I mean I make an effort to be friendly when i have to. I'm actually a very chatty person and I'd like to think a bit funny sometimes. I'm very warm.

But yeah, the reason i didn't go play around on the streets all day as a kid was because it wasn't what made me happy. To me happiness and enjoyment is drawing and being surrounded by people I can relate to. Simple as. I find it boring and annoying and a waste of time when i could be doing productive stuff. I could relate to very few people when i was a kid. Thesedays I have every type of friend I need to function as a person, the whole scope, both offline and online. The people I get on with will tell you I'm a nice person and the people I don't will tell you I'm some kinda confusing shy person or some sh!t *lol*. I aint shy. I just think a lot before i speak. And i wont waste too much time exhausting myself with talking about things i know nothing about. I get vives of people that make it very obvious if i can connect to them as a friend or not. I know a LOT of different types of people.

So, if you see someone online all day and not in a pub (hey i love pubs!) getting ratfaced every night it doesn't mean they're in a room by themselves hating life and all emo and shizz. It means they're very absorbed in what they love doing with people they love interacting with. I love my life! I have a great boyfriend, a wonderful ability and amazing friends. I do what I love and have achieved TONS of my dreams and goals. Some days I like offline friends, some days I like online friends. At the end of the day though i still care about them all.

I'm a very very busy person with a pretty hardcore work ethic. I get anxious if I'm not working on something i know i have to do. So just let me enjoy what i do and I'll let you enjoy what you enjoy. Everyone likes different things, so don't make them feel bad because of it. Nothing wrong with me, I'm a total bosssssss XD derpy but yeah. And i want to hang out with my friends and get drinks in soon.

So, why do you spend time online and do you value offline/online friends/activities the same?

tldr version; talking to boring people who don't care about talking to me about my boring things bores me. I'm spoilt by amazing friends and if i get any more friends im going to OD on friends knthnx. Not a hermit. Very busy and already happy.

#100510 What are you up to? (Or: let's have a reintroduction thread?)

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 10:32 AM in Community Corner

Duplex ~ Go for it, start a new topic about anxiety ^^ If you make it a general topic others can discuss their tips and probs. I suffer from it too so it's always nice to try share some wisdom :)

As for me, lets see... well in January I officially left SEGA to start my own art company. So now I'm a full time freelance artist for lots of companies and people. It's kinda cool being freelancer because it means you can work for all sorts of companies and industries without being tied down to one thing, so my job changes a lot day to day. This also makes it a bit scary though. Very up and down. I also had to learn a lot about running a business and dealing with all the financial bits just from research online. It's all great though, very satisfying. I get paid for drawing cartoons :3 I tend to think of this most when I'm eating breakfast and realise 'hey this toast was supplied by art!' ... 'that's... weird'.

I moved house again in July. I feel a bit moved in now, but i still have furniture to buy and things i need for the office. Working from home is cool but it means less space in your room. I think right now my dream is to have actual studio space to rent.

There's tons of things i want to do now. So many projects i want to try my hand at.

Trying to get back into the community as a fan since i'm now able to. Now I can just speak my opinions and EXCITE again, haha.

Really looking forward to getting this place all nice to be again :)

#100494 Welcome back!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:13 AM in Community Corner

LOL Duplex, your nag made me feel superguilty to get this done this week. SO give yourself a thank you from me, thank you. All bloody day me and Myst have been at this haha. But it's all up now, so I'll just let people get homely again before I start tweaking the rest :)

*boogie*

I'm still needing to get a wired controller so i can play my copy of NiGHTS on Steam.

.... I wonder if there's like a seperate league for NiD Steam keyboard users.

#100491 community iRC thoughts for 2013

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:09 AM in #NiD iRC

i noticed i still have the chat mibbit link thing on the main menu of the site so if the room still *exists* that's a good thing! I've not ventured into iRC for ages ;__; I actually forgot how to use the damn thing....

#100487 Forums Open again!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:07 AM in Website Updates

Those guys were seperated at birth, possibly even the same guy.

#100486 Staff required!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:06 AM in Website Updates

XD hahah first thing Infractus does is break the links on the main menu XDDD

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK <3

#100482 Staff required!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:04 AM in Website Updates

Cool! :) Glad to hear it. I've not ventured into my email admin account since early this year because of business stuff getting in the way (hence why i need people to help out so the website doesn't turn into a dinosaur like me :P )

I'll add all the people who contacted me to the potentials list. But out of those people who already contacted me it'd be useful to know who's still cool for helping so I don't bother anyone who is busy now.

Cheers!

#100481 Forums Open again!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 01:01 AM in Website Updates

*runs screaming*

#100478 Forums Open again!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 12:48 AM in Website Updates

Dexxxxxx! :D Good to see you in a non Facebooky/Twittery capacity haha.

#100474 Staff required!

Posted by TRiPPY on 24 August 2013 - 12:05 AM in Website Updates

As i mentioned a while ago we'll be needing staff to help out with the forums and upkeep of the website itself.

For the  .com this means-

Regular article updates

Regular content uploads

Up to date sections and menu sorting

^All of those things are good for the fandom. I'm at the point in my career now where I'm so busy I really realy need help with the website. I want it to be a great place for the fans.

If you're interested in helping out in some way or think you have the responsibility and maturity to be part of our little team then let me know below and I can contact you further about it.

PS) Since I'm not sure how much work needs to be done I can't promise everyone a job, but I'll pick the best folk for the job who I think suit the roles :)

#100473 Regarding locked and archived topics

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 11:54 PM in Community Corner

If you REALLY REALLY want an old topic brought back from the dead, then let us know in this thread here and it'll be considered.

#100469 Welcome back!

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 10:37 PM in Community Corner

*random hugs for you all*

how've you all been and stuff? Been up to anything exciting? I don't follow everyone on Facebook or Tumblr so I like to catch up :)

I'm glad the forums are open again. I mostly live on Facebook and Twitter these days and am pretty much chained to my art desk for work (I'm self employed now @~@) but I'll try be around more here. I want to be a fan again and ENJOY things without having to watch my P's and Q's too much lol.

This month is so busy for me with work I'm surprised my head hasn't fallen off yet. But yup, i'm still here. And still happy to see any fans visit the website ^^/

#100468 community iRC thoughts for 2013

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 08:49 PM in #NiD iRC

If anyone wanst to take charge of this whole chatroom shbang and get a community room up and running again (if it's not still around?)(I'm not sure) I can make it the official one linked to the site. Obviously it'll need responsible mods and rules and stuff though due to the age of some of users using it and i want the kiddles to be safe (but at least moderately entertained!) lol

If any of you guys would be into getting this all running again let me know via this topic.

#100467 Just a quick notice about subs

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 08:43 PM in Website Submissions

I'm going to get staffers to get the site up to date with this stuff if it's not been done already since I have literal folders worth of site content that needs to be added and is wasting away on my HD's >_>;

So bare this in mind before adding anything in the next month since i have to get all the staff up to speed first :) I also have to get new tidy email accouts set up too.

Thanks!

#100466 Sonic Lost World - Deadly Six edition - NiGHTS DLC

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 08:33 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1939

So who's feelin happy then? I'm still kinda stunned to be honest. I mean I know NiGHTS gets cameos in a lot of Sonic games but wow. This is a maaajor thing. Probably on par with with the pinball table from Sonic Adventure 1.

Just so you guys know, i'm absolutely clueless about this whole thing so I'm as speculative about everything like you. I played the game last year a long long time ago, but nothing like this. And obviously i can't talk about that so yeah no questions there. But regarding the the NiGHTS content, i'm wondering how it's going to pan out.

It doesn't look like typical skinswap stuff that lazy companies do. It looks like proper full on DLC thats actually worth preordering for. Though even if it was skinswaps though I think i'd still be happy, just because, NiGHTS stuff, c'mon!

I'm guessing from looking at the screencaps SEGA put on their Flikr but it seems like you fall down a tunnel towards Wizeman with some kinda portal at the end (it's behind him). Maybe this is like the only area you collect rings to fight each boss or something and when you reach the end you fall into a different arena? It made me think of Transformed a little.

The boss arenas have the same theme but appear to be in different layouts.

I'M HOPING but not expecting for there to be an actual reason storywise (not just fanglee) for it to be a thing. I can think of tons of reasons and good ways it could tie in. But i'm probably expecting too much for a fun free DLC bonus XD;

... also i wonder if the music will be remixed, or one song, or the classic boss themes?

Seeing the bosses who didn't appear in AST get a graphical update was amazeballs. Jackle looks incredible!!

ermagerd, i could fangirl about this all day.

Let us all assume the seating positions and SPECULATE MADSTYLEZ.

#100464 Forums Open again!

Posted by TRiPPY on 23 August 2013 - 03:52 PM in Website Updates

Hey guys!

Great to see you all again.

As you might have noticed our forums are back online after a long time in hiberation. Welcome back to the heart of our wonderful community!

I've pruned and archived and merged a lot of old topics to give the place a spring clean. We also sorted out the spam signup problem so no more problems waiting weeks to be validated or accidentally being mistaken for a spambot. Sorry! :)

The forum sections are a lot lot simpler now and more streamlined.

I've been really looking forward to reopening the forums for a long time now since around the time I left my job at SEGA. Reason being I can just be a straight out fan again and enjoy myself with speculation and jokes along with the rest of you. From this point onwards I have no idea what the franchise is up to officially so I'm having a huge amount of fun seeing news I had no forewarning of. You tend to know things about a long long time in advance when you work there, so I'm more than happy to be clueless and excited right now ^^ Ignorance is bliss.

I'm currently also in the process of getting me some staff helpers to take care of both website updates and the forums. That way I can concentrate on my job and not neglect the website and fans here (or at my other website!). Life is very busy but I'll always have major love for this community and NiGHTS. It's quite scary how far we've come...

I'm interested to see where the community goes from this point onwards due to the upcoming D6 DLC probably bringing in a slew of new fans from the Sonic side (Just like the SA pinball did years ago). Lets make everyone welcome regardless of your history or knowledge in the community.

Good luck to everyone and understand that you're rejoining a community were the strongest of friendships have been made in the past. Lets keep that tradition going.

Fresh starts and nostalgic highfives ~

TRiPPY

#100376 .com experiencing downtime

Posted by TRiPPY on 28 January 2013 - 11:01 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Super Admin Myst has been working Hardc0re to have everything rebuilt in just a few hours. It could have been so much worse @_@; Phew. Sites may have some little broken bits here and there but that can be fixed now i can actually log into my damn account! >.< gyah. Today has been poo.

#100375 .com experiencing downtime

Posted by TRiPPY on 28 January 2013 - 04:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Hi folks,

Just a heads up to say that wordpress has corrupted and the site will require restoring. I'm not sure at this point how much of anything has been lost but the site may be down for some time. I'll try to rebuild it again if it's doable. In the mean time, the forums are still here :)

Imagni.com is my main focus right now so site work may be very slow, but I'll try to see what can be done in terms of saving nidcom if i have the motivation.

Cheers,
TRiP

EDIT: Apparently it was corrupted by a hack. My admin is working to have as much restored as possible. Monday mondays~

#100355 DREAMS DREAMS: Cameron Strother & Jasmine Allen interview

Posted by TRiPPY on 15 January 2013 - 09:01 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1895

^^ a great read!